Life is rarely dull here at the Smith House. But life with a crawling, starting-to-pull-up-on-furniture baby is even less dull. Today alone I fished the following items out of Jordy-Baby's mouth: part of a foam football that an older sibling had given to him as a great play toy, a purple bouncy-ball that another sibling left on the floor, and a big chunk of a Nilla Wafer that was too big for Jordy-Baby's throat and was choking him. Never a dull moment.
Speaking of eating things, Jordy-Baby is having fun eating solid food. I wasn't sure how the journey would take off at first. Take a look at the faces he made when we started him on applesauce a month or so ago.....
Glad we survived that day......and I'm happy to report that Jordy-Baby pretty much likes everything that we have given him. Although peas and green beans are very low on his list of Things I Like To Eat Without Complaining
Speaking of Things........
When I was growing up, my parents introduced my sisters and me to a dish that became a favorite "special" meal. One of the best parts of this meal was the name....THINGS! Do you know you can really throw people off when they ask, "What's for dinner?" if the answer is "We're eating Things." So much fun!!!!
Anyway, Things was a dish that my mom and dad ate at a bowling alley on the Air Force base my dad was stationed at after they were first married. It's not a complicated meal, and some people might not think it tastes all that good, although I've convinced my crew that it's awesome (aside from Megan, who is going through a picky stage....drives me crazy, but that's another story) This is basically what you do:
Take a run-of-the-mill frozen burrito and heat it up, either by microwave or oven. Doesn't matter. We usually do it in the microwave because I never remember far enough in advance before dinner to cook frozen burritos in the oven.....
So - put your burrito in a bowl or plate, like this:
Then, heat canned chili until hot and spoon on top of the burrito:
Don't hesitate to pile on the chili! The more chili, the better......this is how much I put on mine:
Next comes the best parts: Top the chili with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
And now you're ready to eat things, I mean, Things! It's a tasty, yummy dish. For me, there are years of memories behind this dish, which make it all the more tasty!
Haha - love those pictures of Jordan! Poor little guy...torture by applesauce. :)
ReplyDelete