Well, we're on the verge of a blizzard here in our lovely area of the country. The blizzard warnings stretch from Texas all the way up to the Great Lakes. In approximately 48 hours, we should be receiving around a foot of snow. Wow.
I have to say that even though it's not fun to drive through the snow, and it's frustrating to have to plan ahead for groceries and household goods before a storm, there is something wonderful and peaceful about watching snow fall down. Now a raging blizzard is another matter......wind creeps me out, for some reason. I think I read Laura Ingalls Wilder's book "The Long Winter" too many times. But I am thankful that, for now at least, we have power, heat and lights. I am thankful that we have no livestock to feed, and no fear of running out of food. Thankful for Walgreen's and Price Chopper within a mile of our home vs. waiting for the train to bring in the food for our town. I'm thankful for ENCLOSED VEHICLES rather than a one-horse open sleigh......sounds good in the Christmas song, but in real life it's gotta really stink to be riding in one of those.
So we have all our groceries, enough to last at least 3 days. David is hopefully going to be able to work from home tomorrow so we will have all the Smith peeps under one roof! The plan is to do a full day of school, then maybe do some fun activities since we're housebound anyway. I'm thankful that there's nowhere we HAVE to go!!!
Oh, and the title of this is a shout-out for my sisters and all the others who have listened to Adventures in Odyssey.......can you name the episode the title comes from?
Wow. A blog post AND a trivia question? My mind may explode!
Speaking of exploding, here's a fun quote from our small group tonight. "I think my sanity went on vacation. It's on a beach somewhere, sipping a Margarita and laughing at me."
I can hear it in my head, can't quite place the episode.....is it "Thanksgiving at Home"?
ReplyDeleteI laughed at the "read The Long Winter too many times" -- mostly because it is true ;)
Good job, Jill!! Yup, it's from Thanksgiving at Home. Jimmy Barclay, as one of the Pilgrims.
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad that we don't have to make hay twists for our heat source? :-D